It’s been a while since my last post. I’ve been working on some big improvements to the game that have taken a lot of time to implement. Here is a brief overview of some of the things I’ve been up to:
- Attributes have been removed from the game in favor of characters simply selecting a preferred skill category to get a bonus from.
- Specializations have been removed from the game in favor of a point-buy skill system with prerequisites.
- The social mechanics have been expanded into their own skill category.
- An Affinity system has been added to encourage interaction between PCs and NPCs.
- Time has been abstracted into “scenes” which allow for more flexibility in story pacing.
- Vehicles and Starships no longer have their own skills, but rather install components that allow characters to use their skills through the vessel.
- Piloting has been expanded into its own skill category.
- Ranged skills and weapons no longer have a maximum range, but rather lose accuracy the further away they target.
- Playable races now each have three subgroups which grant unique passive effects.
- The Zauriim have been removed from playable races, to be added later alongside the Hegemony content.
This is hardly an exhaustive list, as there is still so much more to do. I’m currently running two testing campaigns to further hone the game into its final form. Keep an eye out for more information! I’ll be updating the rulebook draft with all of the changes soon.